Students Grievance Redressal Cell
Standard Operating Procedure
We take utmost care that students of Sathyabama Institute of Science and Technology feel the comfort in the campus while imparting the multidisciplinary education. We, at Sathyabama, practice transparency and justice so that students are not suffered. Campus observes high moral and ethical practices. Our Students Grievance Redressal Cell efficiently addresses the student grievances, as per guidelines of UGC and AICTE. Also, we encourage the students to express and file their grievances honestly and easily without any fear of being victimized.
Our policy aims to resolve the grievances regarding Admission, Amenities, Teaching & Learning, Examination, Evaluation, Issuance of Certificate, Discrimination and other issues rapidly in an impartial manner maintaining necessary confidentiality.
With reference to AICTE Circular, AICTE (Establishment of mechanism for grievance redressal) regulations 2012 dated 25th May 2012 and with reference to UGC (Grievance Redressal) Regulations, 2012, committee with a Senior faculty as a chairperson, four faculties as members and a student as the member - student representative is reconstituted in 2019 and it maintains the operations of the cell.
- To advise students to refrain from inciting Students against other students, teachers or college administration.
- To sustain the pride of the institution by ensuring trouble free atmosphere in the campus by supporting friendly Student-Student relationship and Student-Faculty relationship. It will assist to augment academics in the campus.
- To assure the students to express their grievances/problems freely without any distress of being victimized.
- To advise teachers to be affectionate to the students and not behave in a vindictive manner towards any of them for any reason.
- To resolve the issues, the committee will review the grievance and collect any additional relevant information based on the nature of the grievance.
- As per UGC & AICTE guidelines, if the student was not satisfied by the action taken by the cell then it will be brought to the notice of Ombudsperson.
Mode for filing the grievance:
- Students may drop their grievances in writing at the Complaint/Suggestion box.
- Student may produce their grievances to the members of Students Grievance Redressal cell in person
- The students may submit their grievances through mail at [email protected].
- Students shall file their grievance through online portal here.
- Students shall also lodge their grievance during the pandemic situation to [email protected].
The Students Grievance Redressal Cell acknowledges the receipt of each grievance immediately and resolve the grievance within 3 working days.